Too many times, we get caught up with the BELIEF that we could never achieve Happiness. Or the idea that we don’t deserve Happiness. Two totally different aspects – Deserving and Achieving, yet, the end result is still the same devastating outcome. So, we give ourselves all the reasons (or excuses) for delaying Happiness.
In my coaching sessions, I find that most of the unspoken responses are usually due to lack of Self-love that numbs a person from knowing how to Receive and how to Give.
One of the toughest challenges one could be facing in life is self-criticism. Too many people make up beliefs that are not even True or of The Truth when they lack the skill to do this. THIS hinders a lot of progress and blocks opportunity, help and love coming their way. The tendency to deprive themselves of these items could lead to self-destruction or self-sabotage.
Here’s some simple steps to gain your SELF back. In a seated position (if you wish, on the floor, legs folded), close your eyes and go through these steps.
* Find Your Center. Be still for some moments. Take time out for YOU. It’s time you listen to yourself. It’s time you be your priority. All the happenings around you all this while have been selectively ignored, so it’s time you sit still, breathe and listen.
* Listen. Listen to your heart. Listen to your voice. Listen to your surroundings. Listen to what’s not being said. Listen to what you have been ignoring, suppressing and denying. Do not associate what you hear to anything just yet. Just take this time, and give your undivided attention, and just BE.
* Breathe. Get in touch with your SELF again. Notice how your body is moving when you breathe in… and out. Feel your beating heart. Feel the way your body is moving in this Stillness. Just breathe, deeply. Fully. Breathe.
* Visualise. Picture yourself finding a solution to your current situation. Visualise you triumphing at the end. Reprogram your thoughts, your subconscious that the right solutions will find you.
* Let Go. Diminish all thoughts that are poisoning you. They serve no purpose. Let them go, feel them leaving you. Replace that with Energy, with more Power, and Strength.
When you are ready, open your eyes.
This is part of an exercise during personal retreats and also coaching sessions. Should you need a personal guidance to help you deal with your situation, please contact me to arrange for a session. A full scale exercise on this takes about 15 to 30 minutes.